Training the Effective Supervisor: A Competency Based Approach
The Cairnmillar Institute is a Psychology Board of Australia-approved Supervisor training provider delivering all components of the full supervisor training to registered psychologists. It entails at least 20 hours of training presented in three distinct and stipulated component parts:
- Knowledge Assessment (Component One)
- Skills Training (Component Two)
- Assessment and Evaluation (Component Three)
The Cairnmillar Institute is required to supply participant outcome data to the Psychology Board of Australia after the completion of each training component.
The course is suitable for all supervisors who may be on staff, field placement supervisors, supervisors of interns (+2 and +1 pathways), supervisors in the area of practice endorsement of clinical psychology, and registered psychologist seeking supervisor registration.
Psychologists are eligible to enrol if:
- Held general registration for a period of three years,
- Or held an area of practice endorsement for at least two years and wish to become supervisors of Higher Degree students and supervisors of registrars seeking an area of practice endorsement.
There are three components for this course. Component One and Component Three are online courses. Component Two is a face-to-face workshop run over two days.
The Discounted Package cost for Components One, Two and Three combined is $1100 (saving of $275). Please note that to be eligible for the discounted package full payment must be made upfront, and all components must be completed within 12 months of enrolment in component one. No refunds are available for this package. If you require to alter training dates for component two, you may transfer to an alternate training date, subject to what is available – however the overall 12 month period still applies.
– Component One (Knowledge Assessment) – This is an online course and comprises of guided reading and quizzes related to the readings. Note, the participant must achieve at least 90% final score to pass this component and be able to register for the next component. This course constitutes 10 hours of coursework and CPD. The cost for this individual course is $175.
– Component Two (Skills Training Workshop) – Face-to-face consisting of two days from 9.30am – 4.30pm. Note, Component One is a prerequisite for this course. This course constitutes 12 hours of coursework and CPD. Workshop are held in Hawthorn location, lunch is provided. The cost of this individual course is $750.
– Component Three (Assessment and Evaluation) – Training for and submission of an assessment of supervision practices. Note, must be submitted after Component One and Component Two are completed, and following AHPRA regulations submission is DUE 3 months from completion of Component Two. Self-Assessment Essay and Supervised Session (DVD) and marking of assessment by submission included. This course constitutes of 8-10 hours of coursework and 10 hours of CPD. The cost for this individual course is $450.
Participants will gain the knowledge and skills to provide competency-based supervision to supervisees undertaking:
- A 4+2 internship program
- 5+1 internship program
- Accredited higher degree program
- Working in addition to placements for higher degree students, and/orRegistrar program leading to area of practice endorsement.
- Identify the competencies to be developed in supervisees
- Assess their competence in supervision
- Have increased knowledge and skills in the competency based model of supervision
Upon completion of all components, participants are required to submit the following registration form to the Psychology Board for professional recognition.
Please contact the Short Course Centre on firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to discuss tailoring options to suit your organisation or Placement Exchange rates.
*Terms and Conditions apply, please see Enrol Now page for full details.
|Wednesday 4 and Thursday 5 December 2019||391-393 Tooronga Road
Hawthorn East VIC 3123
If you wish to attend a date that is not listed above or in an alternative city or state, please email email@example.com. If you have a group of 10 or more participants, we can come to you!
Component two workshops: 9.30am – 4.30pm (2 Full Day Sessions)
The Discounted Package cost for Components One, Two and Three combined is $1100 (saving of $275). Cairnmillar can offer these courses for your organisation’s needs. Our consultants can offer these courses in your workplace. Our facilities are also available to run specific education courses. For further information, email the Short Course Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org *Terms and Conditions apply, please see Enrol Now page for full details.