Practical Ethics Training for Counsellors and Psychotherapists
Practical Ethics for Counsellors and Psychotherapists was developed in partnership with PACFA to address unanticipated and often complex ethical issues faced by both new and experienced practitioners. The course is open to all Counsellors and Psychotherapists who are seeking to build skills and competencies in ethical practice.
Participants complete the course at their own pace over a 2 week period using the Moodle e-learning system. There are 4 interactive sessions which run at scheduled times and participants will need to participate in the majority of these interactive sessions. Teaching and learning approaches include audio-visual materials, case studies, recorded lectures, online communication threads and facilitated discussions.
This is a six-hour online course and counts for 6 hours or 12 points of Continuing Professional Development for the purpose of PACFA Registration renewal.
- A Personal Inventory of Ethical understanding
- Foundations of Ethical Practice – Morals, Values and Ethics
- Stages of Ethical Decision Making – including common ethical traps
- Record Keeping including record keeping for social media connections
- Dual Relationships including Boundary Crossing and Self Reflection
- Confidentiality including circumstances when it is OK to break confidentiality
- Cultural Sensitivity – strategies for responding to multicultural practice issues
Participants complete the course over a 10 day period using the Moodle e-learning system. There are four interactive sessions which run at scheduled times and which all participants need to attend. Teaching and learning approaches include audio-visual materials, case studies, recorded lectures, online communication threads and facilitated discussions.
|18 March 2017||Onsite workshop delivery
993 Burke Rd Camberwell 3124
|19 – 30 June 2017||Online|
|13 – 24 November 2017||Online|
$235 (GST inclusive) for non-members
$180 (GST inclusive) for PACFA registrants and all members of PACFA Member Associations
For further information, email the Short Course Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Terms and Conditions apply, please see Enrol Now page for full details.
PACFA are taking all bookings for this course.
For more information and bookings please click the button above